Evil Martians is a product development consultancy that works with startups and established businesses while also creating open source-based products & services
Tackling your challenges together
Need to build an online product or its MVP, design a better UI, optimize your application, scale the infrastructure, or validate a new idea? Evil Martians’ services are tailored to help you!
Martian Design Sprint
Jump start product development: in as little as two weeks, we'll outline a prioritized scope and prepare development-ready designs. Rapidly turn an idea into a functional MVP and hit the market as soon as possible.
User Interface Audit
Your product can have problems that you don’t even realize exist—that’s why UI Audits are so important! Our new service, User Interface Audit, provides clients with insights on increasing user retention, improving signup/checkout conversion, and ensuring accessibility and inclusivity, all with the goal of expanding your customer base.
The Evil Martians team has a proven track record of building and launching successful products. We worked with local startups transforming into unicorns, small teams becoming market leaders, giant businesses releasing profitable spin-offs, and many others. If you’re pivoting or experiencing explosive growth, we are here to help you get the desired results.
Full Cycle Software Development
Beyond the product launch, we act as an engineering partner and deliver software and key business features you can depend upon. We are committed to helping your business grow as we tackle complex technical problems efficiently, ensuring that your technical stack improves and accelerates with you.
We’ve worked with clients who are pivoting or experiencing explosive growth
This includes both early‑stage startups and Fortune 500 companies. You’ll find a story relevant to your project and its needs somewhere within our dozens of case studies.
- TeleportEvil Martians teamed up with Teleport to design and integrate plugins to let engineers approve or deny permission requests via Slack, Jira, Mattermost, PagerDuty, or GitLab.Backedby Kleiner Perkins, Y Combinator$170Mtotal funding
We loved how the Martian engineering team worked on Teleport plugins: everything from the way they communicated and approached the project to their code quality, their curiosity, and their striving to figure out the right way to build things—that left a strong impression on me.
- Lowkey.ggLowkey.gg is a gaming startup that helps esports teams to train and study competitors’ strategies. The Martian team brought Lowkey’s app CPU usage from over 30% to less than 5% while recording a Full HD video with 60 FPS.$8.6Mtotal fundingBackedby Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator
The Evil Martians team was extremely helpful and professional throughout the entire process. Their developers are some of the most technically skilled people that we’ve worked with.
- 2UMartians helped 2U achieve the strategic goal of reorganizing its microservices architecture by safe migration GraphQL API to Apollo Federation with zero downtime and fewer expenses.$427Mtotal funding225Kstudents
Evil Martians have been instrumental in guiding many of 2U’s Academic-Product teams through a difficult transition to new technology and paradigms as we migrated from a schema-stitched implementation to Apollo’s Federation.
Open Source is in the Martian DNA
Our projects are used by builders of major web services and emerging startups. There’s a good chance that you’ve encountered or built an online product that was powered by one of our open source projects.
AnyCableA way to build build lightning-fast and reliable real-time Ruby on Rails applications that scale fast and don't cost a fortune to run. It helps add real-time features without the need to switch to another platform or language.3.5Xlower RAM usage10Xfaster response
AutoprefixerAutoprefixer lets you write your CSS rules without vendor prefixes.
StoreonAn event-based, Redux-like state manager for React, Preact, Angular, Vue, and Svelte.
We’re constantly sharing knowledge on our blog and at events worldwide
We’ve got articles, talks, and podcast appearances with diverse content for junior and experienced developers, case studies for startup founders and managers, and thorough technical deep dives into unexpected terrain. No matter where you’re coming from, you’re certain to gain some insight here, whether it’s more practical, or something that really takes you for a ride.
- RuboCoping with legacy: Bring your Ruby code up to Standard
RuboCoping with legacy: Bring your Ruby code up to Standard
- AnyCable off Rails: connecting Twilio streams with Hanami
AnyCable off Rails: connecting Twilio streams with Hanami
- A broader picture: A guide on imgproxy for businesses
A broader picture: A guide on imgproxy for businesses
- Beyond fashion: Deep Learning with Catalyst
Beyond fashion: Deep Learning with Catalyst
- Code with Jason: How to Build a Feature with Irina Nazarova, CEO of Evil Martians
Code with Jason: How to Build a Feature with Irina Nazarova, CEO of Evil MartiansCode with Jason
- Andrey Sitnik and Using OKLCH for Color
Andrey Sitnik and Using OKLCH for ColorShopTalk Show